Before you edit your listing on the Geelong Business Directory it is best to prepare your content first.
What do I need for a business listing?
You will need the following elements to maximise your listing.
- Business Name
- Contact Name
- Email Website (if you have one).
- Business Image or Logo. Size: 500px wide by 500px high
- Business Description - 200-300 words long
- Image Gallery. Size: 800px wide by height auto.
How to prepare images
It is important to prepare your images before you use them on any website. Cropping, Resizing and Optimising images ensure they will load faster for your customers.
Editing images is easy using a free online image editor called Pixlr at https://pixlr.com/editor/
How to prepare your logo image.
How to prepare your gallery images.
How to login and edit your listing
How to edit your listing 5 minute video.
- Click Login located top left.
- Enter your Username & Password we sent to you via email.
- Click My Listing link.
- You will see the name of your listing. Click the Edit button.
- A pop up window will appear for you to edit your listing information and image gallery.
Under the Content tab you can add the description of your business. Format your text to use Heading 2 and paragraphs.
BUSINESS IMAGE / LOGO TAB
Under this tab you can upload your business image or logo.
Image size: 500px wide by 500px high.
Under the gallery tab you can add an image gallery for your listing.
- Image size: 800px wide by height auto.
- Click the ‘Create / Edit Image Gallery’ link.
- Click the ‘Add Images’ to upload more images to your gallery.
- Click ‘Save’ when done.
- Close the image upload window.
To delete an image gallery entirely check the box that allows you to do so.
BUSINESS DETAILS TAB
Under the Business Details tab you need to add your:
- Business Name*
- Contact Name*
Items marked * are required.
- When you have finished editing your listing, scroll to the top right and click Save.
- Then click Close.